zondag 5 februari 2012

The Beginning of the Beginning




Today I created this blog, entitled The Day the Nerd Stood Still. In it, I intend to publicize my opinions and thoughts about movies I've seen, movies I haven't seen, movies I might see, movies I don't ever want to see, and movies in general, both for whoever wants to hear my opinions and thoughts and for myself. I will try to update it regularly, or whenever I feel it's worth updating. Though the title may incline people to think otherwise, I will not limit myself to old sciencefictionfilms only, but will discuss any movie that draws my attention, both the hit blockbusters of today and the small genre classics of yesterday. So basically, this nerd (something I fully acknowledge to be), will "stand still" for any movie or popcultural related topic that he considers to be of interest. Whether this will happen on a daily basis remains to be seen.

I will also post movie reviews, articles I wrote when in university, articles I may write later, and whatever I feel would make a nice post here. I intend to write it in English to appeal to a broader international, though articles I've already written before I started this blog are mostly in Dutch (I might provide translations for whoever is interested in them).

If you feel the need to respond to any of my writings, please do. It's always interesting to hear what other people think. Just be sure to do so in an orderly and civilized fashion.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten