vrijdag 10 mei 2013

Today's News: new R.I.P.D. poster is very much alive

Posted this on MovieScene the other day (actually the same day I posted the unfortunate news about Jurassic Park 4, but I'm not about to post two news flashes on my blog on the same day, that would be overkill):

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/146948/nieuwe_poster_r.i.p.d.

Nice poster.

Overall, R.I.P.D. isn't of particularly great appeal to me. The whole basic premise is just a little bit too much like Men in Black to me, except with ghosts instead of aliens. And I generally prefer aliens over ghosts. That said, if not an inspired movie, it can still be a fun action flick and those too are always welcome. I'm not high on Ryan Reynolds (he seems like a sympathetic guy but he's not exactly a great actor, to say the least) but Jeff Bridges is (almost) always a guarantee for damn fine acting and he seems to have a ball in this role, which has characteristics of both The Dude and Rooster Cogburn. If all else fails, his persona might still make for a worthwhile experience. I'll keep an open mind, but for now I'm not expecting a life changing experience from this film. Nor a death changing one.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten