zondag 25 augustus 2013

Today's Review: The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones



Here's another one of them review thingies I did for the folks at MovieScene:

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/149313/the_mortal_instruments_city_of_bones_-_recensie

Suffice to say, City of Bones gave me no boner. It's simply too much of a formulaic movie doing whatever you expect from a formulaic movie, especially where it concerns the lack of being at all interesting. It's a real shame, considering the abundance of good, capable actors, even of the teen variety. I doubt this film will do what Twilight did - drawing excessive numbers of teenage girls to the cinema - and I don't lament it, but I mostly see a waste of talent here, both in terms of acting and in terms of the art department which also did a solid job. Oh well, it's not the first disappointing movie of the year. Not that I had particularly high hopes for this one.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten