dinsdag 23 juli 2013

Today's Column: why I love to go to the movies on Texel



After returning home from vacation, I penned this column for MovieScene:

http://www.moviescene.nl/p/148701/column_de_cinefiel_op_vakantie

Call me lazy, since this is basically just an exposé about my sole cinematic experience on Texel this year, sort of hiding that I wasn't particularly inspired to write something more engaging/engaged because I was too busy basking myself in the sweet sunlight. Basically, I just couldn't be bothered. That said, I do believe there's something to be said for the more relaxed, calm and simple approach Cinema Texel takes to showing their movies, either consciously or unconsciously. It's just so different to the way we see movies at the bigger, really commercial theatre chains. It's a matter of independence most likely. They can programme their movies however they like since they don't have to cater to an a bunch of suits in an office 100 miles away (though I do realize the guy who owns this theatre also owns the one in Schagen, but does that constitute a theatre chain already?). Apart from going digital (and getting 3D-ed in the process), which they had to since 35mm movies aren't produced in the Netherlands anymore, little seems to have ever changed for De Vergulde Kikkert. Just the way I like it. I hope it stays this way forever over there. Now back to the basking.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten